Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 30: Pakbeng, Laos: LAOS

So much chaos and confusion trying to get across the border.  I overstayed my visa in Thailand, so I had to pay 12USD.  We were getting on long boats to start traveling down the Mekong River, but they were trying to get 150 people on each one, I think.  I took a stand and said FUCK THAT, and I started a rebellion.  We got on a boat that was empty and said that we were only leaving on this boat, and that we weren't going to sit on the floor or stand for TWO DAYS ON A BOAT.  After about an hour, they gave in.  Hah.  The trip down the river was amazing.  Just beautiful, serene jungle and sand and rocks.  Some cows.  Oh, and I of course met up w/Thibauld again!  Then we stopped at a village to spend the night, T and I were right next to each other at the same hostel again (100THB, we avoided a 400THB scam that everyone else succumbed to)!  I stayed w/this awesome American lawyer from Ohio named Laura Ellen.  And we had an awesome time at some tiny village bar, dancing on tables and everything.  There was even a bar fight!  Oh, and I met a very sweet Dutch girl named Lotte Elisabeth.  Like LotteMart!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment