Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 55: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Markets and Museums

So I've been going to all these markets which have been pretty cool since it's Tet (Lunar New Year). All the family's are out and about. AND there's this huge flower market outside my door, which may be to blame for my horrible horrible allergies right now. It's bad. I've just been buying all kinds of random souvenirs... getting my shoes fixed... buying decent sandals... washing everything... some jackets/vests/shirts/pants... yup.

Hired a horrible moto driver for a couple hours and saw the Ho Chi Minh City Museum, Emerald Pagoda, China Town, and some other pagodas. I called the police and was about to call the embassy, cuz this guy wanted me to pay him $50/hr for driving. Hah! Yeah, right! (I ended up paying him $25/hr just to end it. Vietnam is full of swindlers!)

6PM: I leave Asia for Africa. Maybe until the 20th? Who knows. PS: SGN airport sucks horribly. BKK... a little better. 25hr of flying. Woo!!..... SGN -> BKK -> Dubai -> Joburg -> Durban.... At least L lives like 5min from the airport... I bet she's cooking for me as we speak..... or I speak. Whatever.





No comments:

Post a Comment