Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 31: Mekong River, Laos: I'M ON A BOAT

We hurried to get on our boat and wait around.  Just a wonderful, relaxing day floating down the river and hanging out on isolated beaches w/some cows.  It got too dark, though, so we tried creating a bonfire on the beach, but it was too hard.  So we went to a nearby town and chartered a bus to Luang Prabang.  It was a huge ordeal, since no one wanted to pay for the bus.  But I led some great sing-alongs on the bus.  Then we were lost in town forever since we were following Thibaud.  An hour later, we were tired, got a tuktuk back to the place where we started, tried a couple different hostels, finally found the hostel I had booked at, they had lost my reservations and said they were full, then they said that they had 4 vacant beds (???), so Lotte and I took them.  Where's Thibaud and Linda (the 24yo Finn)?  WHO KNOWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment