Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 8: Khanchanaburi, Thailand

10am: Carlos, Nacho, and I rented some motorbikes and drove through the Thai countryside to get to some AMAZING waterfalls in the middle of this beautiful forest.  It took a lot of hiking to get to the very top, but there were separate cascades that we could check out along the way.  There were 7 different big tiers to the falls.  The first one was awesome.  It was scary at first, because I got in the water, and I felt a... bite?!  I jumped out, and I realized there were a shit-load of big fish!  In East Asia they do this "massage therapy" where they let little baby fish nibble at your feet.  Anyway, these fish were up to about 20cm.  They were taking big bites!  But it was still really funny.  I had like 30 fish nibbling on my feet.  The hiking was amazing and everything, and we saw a lot of monkeys (who tried stealing a lot of people's things from their bags) and butterflies. 

5pm: We did some more driving, and we went to a place where you could ride elephants.  We rode through some tiny roads and looked at all of the beautiful mountains and trees.
What should I do tomorrow?  I have three days until my bus ride from Bangkok to Ko Phagnan... Maybe a day trip to another town?













No comments:

Post a Comment